Jul 4, 2012
The weird thing about my back...
Where to begin with talking about my back
Normally its something I SAY NOTHING ABOUT ...
Why? - i guess half is because its one of those things you "cant see" therefore i feel ppl stigmatize you etc- the other half is it started when i was young and I didnt want to admit i was "broken"
It all started - well kinda
When I was in university- I fell off a 10 foot ladder onto a cement floor
I was "ok" at the time- hurt a lil i jumped up - had a smoke- yes i used to smoke in my younger years- no hating have quite for the past 3 yrs lol
and a few days later my legs felt like i had butterflies like you get in your tummie but in my LEGS!!!
it was weird- i told my boss and she directed me to go to the DR asap
So i did...
well within 24 hrs (remember im in Canada) lol i had Blood Work, X-rays, and a MRI done (had to drive 2 hrs to get that done)
And they discovered that I have a hole in my spinal colum that is aprox 4mm away from my spinal chord.
I am "too young" to fix it - as it is an invasive surgery and many risks at such a young age
However if i slip on ice, take a fall skating, etc etc etc I could be instantly paralyzed- a reality i live with every single day... I have been ok with dealing with it, i have adapted- and here we are now
Before i got pg it was acting up BADLY- i was taking tylenol 3 and it seemed to at least numb the pain away
then i got pregnant and BAM it was BETTER i have had WAY less pain ful days than in years
until this week :S now i am in pain all day and can barley sleep it sucks big time =- i dont know what to do any suggestions??~?~?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment