May 18, 2011

Im not that religious, but am very spirtual...

So Faith & religion are 2 things I have struggled with my entire life...

You see when you are baptised Anglician and attend church every Sunday with your Nana, Get confirmed Anglician, and then your parents ship you off to a VERY Catholic school... beliefs get tangled and then questions arise why one says one thing and the other says another, then you embarrass your self in your own church when you do the sign of the cross at the wrong time, etc etc etc lol

So basically i have always wanted to have more faith, but have not achieved this.... I try to live a very spirtual and Karma driven life... In all attempts, I would love to go to church (Even though DH would never go with me) but dont want to walk into a church and not know anyone and risk not being accepted...

So lately i have been looking at the bible and the things they speak about re:infertility and it is a bit interesting, talking about how I will give you son when it is your appointed times... here are a few passages/stories i have enjoyed!

"Then the LORD said, I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son. Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him.

11 Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing.

12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought,
After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?

13 Then the LORD said to Abraham, Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?'

14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son.

And the result??? Not long after this Sarah and Abraham's son Isaac is born, one of the great patriarchs of the Jewish people.

"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

That one i felt interesting, knowing that our time will come

The next is the Story of Hannah and how even though her hubby had 2 wives, they speak about how she gets so upset, and her husband says "what am i not as good as 10 sons would be..." here is what i found interesting

"6 And because the LORD had closed her womb, her rival kept provoking her in order to irritate her. 7 This went on year after year. Whenever Hannah went up to the house of the LORD, her rival provoked her till she wept and would not eat. 8 Elkanah her husband would say to her, "Hannah, why are you weeping? Why don't you eat? Why are you downhearted? Don't I mean more to you than ten sons?" (1 Samuel 1:6-8)


That truly does kind of explain the way that it works, i am so upset that we are not pg but do not want it to interfere with Hubs, that i am conscious of all things said to him...

I also found this Celtic Infertility Prayer


Gracious God, we long for a child and find our hearts shaved of hope
as month after month we go childless.
The love we have to give and share with a child fills us to the brim,
but that love seems thwarted when our longing is not fulfilled.
Look with tenderness on us, O God.
Let the disappointment that hangs over us be lifted by the joy of your touch.
Give us the patience that will re-build hope
as we wait for the fullness of our love in the high calling of parenthood.
We ask this for the sake of your love. Amen

I lIke it

:D

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hannah's story is very encouraging to me. I really like how she finally became pregnant after she just gave up her misery and sorrow. Also check out Rachel's story in Genesis.

    ReplyDelete