Dec 9, 2011

Am i Opening a can of worms!??!? Need advice

Well, heres a quick version of the story

I lost access to an old email account for 1.5yrs :S Crummy to say the least as i had had it since 2001. And had lots of documents/contacts/etc and of course no back up (Silly young me! )


Anyways, MSN finally realized I am who I say I am and i Regained access...

I had a few nostalgic moments going through old emails and seeing old contacts on messenger...


One thing I found was an email from my biological fathers mother (my Grandma) From Dec 19 2010 inviting me to Christmas at her house that year. (NO PHONE CALL However)

I was a bit crushed, but decided to let that slip and send her an email.

I explained I had lost access to that email and told her I thought of her often and loved her.

Heres the down low (Super quick on my Dad)

He and my mom were not together basically since i was born, super messy situation my mom and him went through

I seen him every few months for a wknd as a child he lived 3 hrs away so i always heard about how much driving he had to do To come and get me. It was never fun hearing him complain, but I did love the time we spent together.

When I was in university we were the closest we have ever been. Seeing eachother often, me living in our guest cabin at our cottage and had a great relationship.

When I finished university and moved back “home” (the area more so than the spot)

He got very upset that I didn’t choose to move down south and live in a very large city (Hello I am a country girl, sorry!!!)

I got a great job in my field and it was never enough for him. He was upset I was not getting paid more etc. I don’t think I have ever made that man happy…

Anyways I called him and I nvited him to a fathers day bbq I was going to have at my own home ( I was stoked for him to see my life) and he couldn’t make it, that was fine I said we would make other plans. I didn’t have a car at the time (honestly the 3 weeks of my life that I didn’t have access to a vechile)

He then called me the next week on Thursday and says Come to a party we are having (4 hrs away from home) on Saturday. I said I would see what I could do to get a ride, as I didn’t have bus fare (just outta univ remember lol) he said “well fine if you cant make it don’t bother ever calling me again, I do not want you in my life”

It was harsh… I thought “ppl say things when angry this too shall pass” well…. Not so much…

I couldn’t make it, tried to call never answered me or phoned back… my whole life I had to call a pager, leave a msg and he would call me… ANNOYING to say the least

So I did this lots… nothing, a year passes and I hear nothing..

Then he phones me and I am driving (its illegal here to talk and drive at the same time) and I couldn’t pull over as iwas on the highway I thought ill call him back in a few mins.

He leaves a message saying he never wants to hear a single thing about me, dosent want to see me, or have me in his life ever again and to never contact him…

So I phoned him back, this time it had been minutes so I had his cell number and phoned back (he couldn’t have time to turn it off yet right?! )

He answers… says “im on the phone with your grandmother, phone me in 5 minutes” and hangs up

I phone back… x2 and he never answers… this was June 2010…..

And I emailed her yesterday… was this a can of worms I have opended… he dosent even know DH , met him or anything… its pretty intense and I didn’t tell DH I emailed….


I got a nice answer from her today, fairly genetic but with a love at the end… we will see where this goes

Any opinions?!?!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment